Probis may update this Policy from time to time. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website, www.aafx.com.Please refer to it periodically for changes.
What this Policy deals with
· What personal information we collect and store
· How we collect and store personal information
· Why we need to collect, store and disclose personal information
· How you can access or correct information we hold about you
· How to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
1. The personal information we collect and store
We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to assist us in providing our services and products. The types of personal information that we collect and store about include (but not limited to):
· ID information such as your name, identity details, photos and contact details;
· Financial details such as banking details;
· Taxation details such as Tax File Number ;
· Information relating to an individual’s trading experience;
· Other information we think is necessary.
If you provide us with personal information that we have not requested (unsolicited personal information) we will, unless otherwise required or permitted by law, delete or destroy it as soon as possible after receiving it.
2. How we collect and store personal information
We must collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
We may collect personal information about you in various ways, including via telephone calls, emails, documents you give us and you access to our website.
In most situations, we collect your personal information from you directly. However, we may also collect information from third parties including public sources, employer (or its affiliates), brokers, our related companies and service providers (including credit reporting bodies and information service providers).
We keep personal information in physical and electronic records, at our premises and the premises of our service providers, which may include storage on the cloud. Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
On all occasions personal information is collected, stored, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Policy.
3. Why we collect, store and disclose personal information
We only collect, store and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was provided, related purposes or as required or authorised by law. Such purposes may include:
· Establishing, maintaining and administering your account;
· administer and manage our products and services (including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services);
· Conducting verifications, monitoring and reporting required under AML/CTF Laws;
· Recording tax information such as TFN, ABN in order to report to ATO ;
· Processing authorised payments to and from you;
· Any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information
4. Who does Probis disclose personal information to?
While we do not sell personal information for marketing purposes to other organisations or allow such companies to do this, any personal information provided to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to other entities in order to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected. Such entities may include:
· the Australian Taxation Office for the purpose of legislative compliance and reporting;
· third party service providers, who provide services in connection with our products and services (including fund administrator, auditor, accountant, legal, consultants, financial institutions, brokers and other professionals)
· other government bodies, regulators and law enforcement agencies; and
· other entities if you have given your express consent
5. How you can access or correct information we hold about you
You can always access personal information we hold about you unless there are certain legal reasons why we cannot do so. If we cannot provide you with the information in the way you have requested, we will advise you of these reasons in writing. If you have any concerns you should contact Probis using the contact details below.
While we will not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information, you should be aware that we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs when giving you access, but we will always notify you once you make a request.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Please contact us using the contact details below as practical as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
7. Links to non-Probis websites
The Probis website may provide links to third-party websites for client convenience and information. If clients decide to access those links, they will leave the Probis website. Probis does not control those third-party sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from Probis's.
8. How to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
If you wish to make a compliant about a breach of this Policy or the pricy principles of the Privacy Act 1988 you can contact us using the contact details below. You will need to provide us with as detail about the issue as possible together with any supporting evidence.
We will contact you if we need any additional information from you. We will refer your complaint to Probis’s Compliance Officer who will investigate the issue and notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation as particle as possible (generally, no later than 45 days)
If you are still not satisfied with our response, you can escalate your complaint directly to the Australian Privacy Commissioner for further investigation:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
www.oaic.gov.au Phone: 1300 363 992
Alternatively, if the complaint relates to a non-privacy matter, or should individuals choose to do so, a complaint may also be lodged with FOS:
Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001 (Australia)
Phone: 1300 78 08 08
If you have any questions or complaints regarding privacy or information handling, please contact us using the following contact details:
Attn: Compliance Officer
Probis Securities Pty Limited
Level 2, Exchange House, 10 Bridge Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 8066 3310
Probis, we, us and ours means Probis Securities Pty Limited, ACN 149 475 105, AFSL No. 403070.